Technician - A
A Technician-A tests and troubleshoots to component level a variety of high voltage power supplies and electronic sub-assemblies. Experienced in a variety of testing methods and tools, the Tech-A performs independently and communicates directly with Production Management and Manufacturing Engineering to support a culture of continual improvement.
- Test, calibrate, troubleshoot and repair of analog and digital electronic equipment.
- Record Functional Data during the various testing phases.
- Assist in training of A, B and C technicians.
- Assist B and C technicians with troubleshooting when required.
- Work with engineering on technical issues and recommend changes to ATP’s and test methods on new, existing, and development products.
- Assist in developing ATP’s, Test Fixtures, and test loads.
- May provide assistance in the Failure Analysis process to determine Root Causes.
- Assist in other department activities as required.
- Able to troubleshoot down to component level
- Ability to work from a written test procedure (ATP)
- Ability to read and understand schematics and circuits
- Computer literate
- Associates Degree or equivalent technical certificate in Electronics Technology/Engineering plus 4 years of experience testing and troubleshooting electronic assemblies.
- Bachelors Degree in Electronics Technology/Engineering plus 2 years of experience in testing and troubleshooting electronic assemblies
Working conditions are normal for a manufacturing environment. Work involves frequent lifting of materials and products up to 50 pounds. Machinery operation requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to; eye safety glasses, hearing protectors, work boots and hardhats. Will be working with units producing high voltages, which may also produce x-rays. Loose fitting clothes and jewelry are not permitted.
NOTE:This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed. Employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by employees’ supervisor and/or manager.
We at Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation believe that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status or disability. The right of equal employment opportunity extends to recruiting, hiring selection, transfer, promotion, training and all other conditions of employment.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Spellman High Voltage Electronics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any Spellman High Voltage Electronics employee. Spellman High Voltage Electronics will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Spellman High Voltage Electronics and will be processed accordingly.